The Kettlebell strict press or “military” press is a great exercise for shoulders, triceps, lats and the serratus anterior muscles.
In this video Roxy Richardson SFG II, ACE-CPT reviews common mistakes and corrections in performing this exercise.
- Stance – Feet about hip width.
- Rack position – Straight wrist, tight glutes, lats, and core.
- Elbow position – Elbow should not flare out past 45 degrees while pressing.
- Lockout – Straight wrist, lock elbow, no shrug.
- Actively pull the kettlebell back down to the start position.