The 5 Elements of Health and Fitness
The 5 in our name stands for the five elements that create a skilled, healthy, mindful, and fit human.
- Mindset – Mindset, and focus are at the heart of everything we do. We approach our training and our lives with a growth mindset. We also focus mentally on our training, building skills through consistent practice. We train with purpose.
- Nutrition – Eating wholesome, nourishing foods can improve your mood, energy, performance, and results. We support a balanced approach to nutrition and work with our students to find choices that feel right to them.
- Strength – Everyone, regardless of age or gender can benefit from lifting heavy things with proper form. Resistance training is an integral part of our programming. Lifting will improve your health and longevity, raise your metabolism, build valuable lean muscle, lower body fat, and empower you.
- Sport & Play – We believe that working out should be something you enjoy. Our sport, Muay Thai, helps give you sport-specific performance goals and adds some “playtime” back into life. Punching and kicking are also great for stress reduction.
- Rest and Recovery – Physical and mental rest is an important part of health and fitness. We’ll teach you the recovery methods that help you get the most of your training, and we also schedule fun community events to help balance work and life.
At F5 we hold ourselves to a high standard of training, coaching, and living. These are the core values we live by:
- Our achievements are a result of combined efforts; we are a team above all else.
- Keep a fighting spirit and a humble heart.
- Empower and inspire those around you – we lift others up, not bring them down.
- Enjoy the struggle, nothing truly rewarding comes easy.
- By learning from our mistakes, we never fail.
- Encourage feedback, accept responsibility for all actions and strive for constant improvement.
- We train our bodies and minds regularly. Sport and strength require the development of physical and mental skills.
- Create goals, take daily action towards your goals and evaluate them often.
- Always remember that you were once a beginner.
- Celebrate your accomplishments and others’ equally.